Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

Emmanuel says Trust Fund rejection of housing proposal feels incomplete.

September 20, 2021

Emmanuel says Trust Fund rejection  of housing proposal feels incomplete.
Loading...

PHILIPSBURG:--- Independent MP Christophe Emmanuel on Monday said the statement by the St. Maarten Housing Development Foundation (SMHDF) about raising the rent of its tenants feels like there is more to the story than the foundation is saying and questioned government’s role.
SMHDF General Director Helen Salomons informed the media that the World Bank (WB) Trust Fund Steering Committee has denied SMHDF’s request for the US $45 million in funding. She said that the rejection is for reasons unknown. According to Salomons, the World Bank decision means that SMHDF can no longer finance and subsidize low rent rates and will ...


To read more: https://www.smn-news.com/index.php/st-maarten-st-martin-news/38596-emmanuel-says-trust-fund-rejection-of-housing-proposal-feels-incomplete.html

Loading...

Source: https://www.smn-news.com/index.php/st-maarten-st-martin-news/38596-emmanuel-says-trust-fund-rejection-of-housing-proposal-feels-incomplete.html

Loading...

Headlines

Detention Sector Reform Program Advances Rehabilitation Efforts Through Structured Sports and Fitness Initiative | Soualiganewsday

August 11, 2026

Detention Sector Reform Program Advances Rehabilitation Efforts Through Structured Sports and Fitness Initiative | Soualiganewsday

SINT MAARTEN (GREAT BAY) - As part of the ongoing Detention Sector Reform Program (DSRP), the Ministry of Justice, in collaboration with its implementing partner, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), last month piloted a structured sports and physical fitness...

August 11, 2026

St. Maarten parents, students urged to be vigilant as fake housing scams on TikTok surge in Netherlands | The Peoples Tribune

AMSTERDAM--St. Maarten parents and students seeking accommodation in the Netherlands should exercise increased caution when responding to housing advertisements online, particularly on social media, following a sharp rise in reports of fraudulent student housing advertisements...

August 11, 2026

Connor confirms all St. Maarten patients in Colombia safe following deadly earthquake | The Peoples Tribune

GREAT BAY--Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labor, VSA, Claret Connor has confirmed that all St. Maarten patients currently receiving medical treatment in Colombia have been accounted for and are safe following the powerful earthquake that struck the country o...

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...